Big Brother and the
if you want to write code, go to
"Cypherpunks write code."
The Cypherpunk Manifesto (1993)
Transitional note: The Anonymity, Cryptography and Hackers sections have all been moved to their
own pages. If you're looking for ways to protect your privacy on the
Internet, see in particular the Anonymity
page and the Cryptography section on
PGP. Also, be sure to learn more about your
privacy and cyber rights.
- Cryptome welcomes documents for publication that are prohibited by
governments worldwide, in particular material on cryptology...
Cypherpunks Home Page)
- A group of thinkers, programmers and researchers
dedicated to preserve everyone's
freedom of speech through action.
- See also:
Cypherpunk Mailing List Archive
Crypto Archive (Quadralay)
- Lots of good links!
EPIC report: Cryptography and Liberty 2000
- An International Survey of Encryption Policy
The Jargon File - a hacker lexicon [
Privacy, Profiling & Commerce Protocols from the W3C
- Note especially the
Platform for Privacy Preferences
Security News Network (SNN1)
- used to be HNN (Hacker News Network)
- Network security consulting.
- Primary developer of
Cryptography Research (commercial)
- Check out the attack on SmartCards called
Differential Power Analysis
- used to be L0pht Heavy Industries
- Sword & Shield (consulting)
Security Site Links
- Financial Cryptography based on Ian Grigg's
Cryptix Java cryptography toolkit
- The Hacker Quarterly
AntiOnline - educating you about the weaknesses in your system
- "A Rick's Cafe in the Casablanca world of hacking"
- Fight Back!
(against people hacking into your system)
Phreaking box archive
Anarchy Now (RIP)
- Fravia (if down, try
- Software reverse engineering and web survival arguments
- See e.g.
Academy of Reverse Engineering
- Humor? Worth a visit -- thought provoking & fun.
Neophyte Text File Haven
Guide to Lock Picking
Additional Lock-Picking Resources
Silicon Toad (RIP)